Facebook

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Biggest Loser Week 1

During my first week of the biggest loser 2012, I lost 2.37% which is a better start to the competition than last time (which I ultimately lost 32 pounds). I wish that I could be happier with that. But quite frankly, I decided to play the game a little more this time around. Let’s just say that before my initial weigh-in, I may have been super hydrated.  Some people would say that this is like wearing ankle weights and is cheating. I must respectfully disagree. Putting on ankle weights is adding artificial weight. The difference is between artificial and superficial. The water weight is superficial but still legitimate because I had actually to imbibe the liquid.
All questionable actions aside, I still lost weight which is the real goal. During this week, the only changes that I made were dietary. I eliminated all meats from my diet. Annoyingly, the unseasonably warm weather ended the week before the competition, and I only went on one bike ride. It was exhausting, sweaty and brief.
This week was all about being a vegetarian, which every time that I try, I am amazed at how easy it is for me. I think that because I am always trying new recipes that when I am testing out the meatless waters, it gives me a chance to try all of those dishes that I've put in my someday pile. Another thing that has made it easier is that the food has been stinkin' good. (Soyrizo Pizza, Falafel) This has been the only throwaway week; I have one more week of eating food, and then it gets serious.

1 comment:

  1. When you say serious do you mean liquid diet? if so don't do it. eat a balanced diet. exercise. lose weight at a natural slow rate. you're more likely to keep it off and form good habits.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...