Facebook

Monday, June 18, 2012

Biggest Loser Finale


It is official; I am the Biggest Loser. In two months, I've lost 25.5 pounds (or 9.91%). As I've said many times, this was the second time that I participated in a Biggest Loser competition. The most significant difference between the two (besides me winning the $400 pot this time) is that this time around, I focused entirely on my diet. For as long as I can remember, my weight has fluctuated back and forth. It has been directly associated with how motivated I've been with dieting or working out. Losing weight has never been difficult for me, (although gaining it is still easier) it has always been keeping it off that was the tricky part for me.

What Does iT All Mean?
A lot of people around work have been asking me what I am going to do with the money that I won. What I've told everybody is that last time that I had competed in the Biggest Loser competition, I thought that I had won before the final weigh-in and had eased up on my diet and started to make plans for the money. Then I lost. This time, I suffered through two events where I couldn't eat BBQ, my favorite food in the final week of the competition. I made no assumptions of winning nor plans for what to do with the money. Now that the contest is over, by the belt is down to its final hole. The leather has become wavy as it conformed to the different holes as my waist shrank. The problem is that I like this belt. I have one that is smaller, but I don't like it as much. So I've decided that if I need to move down to another hole, I will make it myself instead of using the less favorable belt. Without my belt, I can pull all of my pants down over my hips despite them being zipped and buttoned.
People keep asking me what I am going to do with the winnings. My crowd-pleasing answer is that I am going to take my wife out to eat at a nice place. While this is true, in reality, I don't need to use this money for that. I am using this money to pay off my school loans faster. I think that most people think of this money as winnings, while I think of it as earnings. I worked hard to win this competition and just because I have gotten this extra money doesn't need to spend it. My next task is just keeping the weight off. Which, as I've already stated, is the hardest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...