Facebook

Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days Of Thanks: Corey

Dear Corey,

            Did you know that you were the first friend to come and visit us in the hospital when Tate was born? You would probably say, with genuine modesty, that you were already by there (the hospital) for work. But I can tell you that it meant a lot to me.
                       You know how sometimes when you meet a person and you start talking and you find out that you had met before? It seems like we met each other for the first time four or five times over. I don’t remember where or when we first met or who introduced us. I assume that it was Brett and we were at Parking. It doesn’t really matter, it seems as if we just starting hanging out one day.
            You and I seem like kindred spirits; the nice guy that doesn’t date too much but eventually gets the girl. They make movies about us. But then they have more attractive guys that are skinnier and have more hair than us to play the role. I must say that I’ve always thought that it was a little weird that you had a girl roommate in college. How does a straight guy set that up? Now look, her son and my son are little buddies.
            One of the things that I admire about you is that you’ve always known what you wanted to be when you grew up. It doesn’t matter if it was your dad’s dream, too. (As I write this, I realize how often I use sarcasm and how difficult it is to write). When I was a kid, I wanted to be a paleontologist. Then a zookeeper. Then a teacher. Then a doctor. Then a comedian. Then a writer. When in reality, I just wanted to win the lottery and do all of the things on my blog list. Plus some more expensive stuff, too. One good thing is that I’ve always wanted to be a dad, too. And I think that I’m pretty good at it. I know that you and Ashley scoff at marriage and kids outwardly, but I know that its all show. Whenever you do it, it will be great.
            I am proud to say that you are the third and (supposedly) final guy that I crawled into bed naked with. Sorry about that. In my defense, I knew that you’d think that it was funny one day. Thank you for your friendship and not holding the whole naked thing against me when you were my boss later on.

Love,
Adam

5 comments:

  1. Sarcastic? You? Really Adam? Who would have thought it LOL I'm still enjoying your letters of thanks, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you've been enjoying them 20 more to go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank god for repressed memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more you write about things you've done, the more I realize what a crappy job I did of raising you. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are times in everybody's life that are dumb and crazy. For me, it was during the college years (all 7 of them), for you it was in the Army. If we didn't do these things, it would have shaped us differently. I am glad that I got those things out of my system so that I could focus on more important things in life. Nobody is perfect and I don't think that it would be fair to paint myself as such.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...