Facebook

Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 Days Of Thanks: Lori (Mother In-Law)

Dear Lori,
            There are plenty of things in life that people feel thanks for, but don’t actually give their thanks. Thanks for being such a good parent. Leigha and I have been together for nearly nine years. You’ve treated me like a son from the beginning and thanks for that.
            One thing that I’ve always been impressed with you is how you’ve built a loving and meaningful conversation with your daughters. I’ve never been as close to my parents as Leigha and Nicole are with you. You still get calls from the two of them nearly every day, which still amazes me. I hope that when my children are adults, that we can have that level of closeness.
         I’ve never met someone who was so fair in all things. You always make sure that everybody gets their piece, their turn, their time, even if it is in your detriment. I respect that about you and I suspect this is always how you’ve parented; with a selflessness and love towards your family.
             You are great with Tate and Emery. You are able to entertain them and make a game out of anything. Clap your hands and stomp your feet. Make a rainbow with your arms. Thank you for the longstanding invitation to join you in your travels and your home alike. I would have never guessed that the couple that we do the most with are a set of parent. You are both friends and family.
            You are and excellent resource for any problem. What do you do with a used cell phone? How do we know which doors to use in the basement? Where is the best place to buy carpet? Ask Lori.
            I know that I bring a little different element to the family. I am honest to the point where I voice my dislikes of people or their actions more than you are used to. I say weird things and do odd and random things. But you’ve always supported me, even though you didn’t need to. Thank you for being in my student film. You were quite convincing as the woman boss. Thank you for all that you do for us. I look forward to what the future holds.
Love,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...