Facebook

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 Days Of Thanks:Meghan

Dear Meghan,
            Do you ever find yourself sitting at work and think to yourself, “I miss parking”? Me too. The more I think about it, the more that I’m amazed about that job. What a perfect job for a college student. You sit in a box and study, listen to music or watch movies. All the while making money hand over fist. Plus, the longer we worked there, the more we got paid to do less.
            Thanks for letting me be part of the cool group that ran the place. You, me, two of my old roommates, my future wife and the guy that we would make work so that we could do something together. I remember driving to talk to people while they were in their booths. I would see if they wanted me to get them some food from a place that used frequent visit punch cards. Then when there were enough people, I would get a free meal. Plus a lot of people would let me save the change.
            When I think of you, I can’t imagine you without a smile on your face. You’re always laughing and joking about something. The world needs more people that are not only happy, but they share that with others. I’ve always though that you’d be a great elementary school teacher.
            You were part of a group of people that I hold closely in my heart; the gamer. While this term has grown to be associated with super-nerd video game teenagers, it sells short those that play board, card and social games. I loved moving around to different people’s houses each week for another round of games and meals prepared by the host. Did you know that it was this group that provided the spark for Leigha and me? There was a week that everybody else bailed and it was only the two of us. Instead of trying to come up with two person games, we rented a movie. The night had unintentionally turned into a date night as we watched Unfaithful. Another reason that I can never consider this our first date.
            I love that our group became so close that we received an adopted father in C. Keith. He was such an amazing blend of crass humor and a magnanimous and giving nature. When he passed away, it was a shock to that is right on the world. I know that after college, we grew apart. But I would like to think that if we still lived near each other, we would continue game nights. This time, it would be family game night. I hope that everything is well and you are still smiling.
Love,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...