Facebook

Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Days Of Thanks:Arrick

Dear Arrick,
           
            When we first met, we were freshmen and I was coming to visit Josh during my Spring Break. As it was midterms week for you guys, it wasn’t the most eventful week. The good thing was that Josh didn’t go to too many classes in those days. I remember going to your room, ordering pizza, playing some video games and spraying a fire extinguisher out of the dorm room window.
            I feel like I started to really get to know you on road trips. First, when we crashed a party at the Drake Relays and then when we went to Rolla. When we eventually became roommates, I got to see you juggle school, a girlfriend and the demands of being the President of an upstart fraternity.
            Although I was only officially a part of KA for one semester, we both know that I had a hand in before then. But I also know that for two and a half years, KA was your baby. I’m sorry that things didn’t turn out like we had all hoped. But one thing is for certain; we maintained our credo and stayed gentlemen.
            Thanks for always being willing to talk about something. Anything. I’ve always been amazed that you can talk to people about anything. I loved when you were there to do my small talking for me. But it isn’t just small and pointless conversation that you engage in. You have a love for politics, life’s injustices and things that really matter in people’s lives. You will sit there and listen to me talk about my wife and kids for hours. And I’m really excited that you and Sarah have a baby now, too. Gavin’s going to grow up with two great parents; I only hope that he learns to open his own gaps so that he can get a word in past his dad, chatty Kathy.
            Sorry about all of those times that I got swept up with the crowd and started to pick on you. Or slap you. I just hope that I stood up for you enough times to compensate. Thank you for saving my skin the night before my wedding. To this day, Leigha and I agree that the biggest fiasco from the wedding was the music. I guess that’s why people hire a DJ. Or don’t fire them right before the big day. You and Sarah really pulled through. Thank you for that.
            One thing that I can say for certain is that when all things are said and done, I’m glad to have a friend like you.
Love,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...