Facebook

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30 Days Of Thanks: Nicole (Sister In-Law)

Dear Nicole,
            When I first met you, you were sixteen years old and playing a basketball game. I though that it was great every time that they said your name. Nicooooooole Knooooooll. To be honest with you, it has been weird to watch you grow up. My little sister, Heather and I are close enough in age that I never noticed or even paid attention to her getting older. I never felt compelled to offer advice or assistance. When I got a new little sister with you, I got to see you not only grow up, but mature.
    I was proud of you when you graduated college in four year; something that I never even tried to attempt. I remember one day, jokingly, telling you that we could go travel through Europe, as I had done it only a year or two previously. I am glad that while I didn’t go, you still traveled the world on your own. England, Japan, Korea. You’ll never regret that you did it.
            One thing that has impressed me about you is the fact that you write thank you notes. You were one of the persons that inspired me to write a month of thanks. You don’t just write a thank you letter for graduation gifts or birthday presents. You write to say thanks for letting me stay with you guys or for going out to eat. That amazes me. I don’t think that people take enough time to give their thanks. So thank you for being one of those who does.
            I find it admirable when people are able to take that leap of faith. As seen by the fact that I am the only sibling to live in Iowa still, along with my work history, I am not the quickest to make any jumps. While I think that it is necessary to plan, plan and make a backup plan, sometimes you just need to jump in. I think that it is amazing that you are so young and willing to make those jumps. You will live a life without regrets. I hope that, while one can never really know what to expect from a brother (especially one by marriage), you are happy and proud to call me family. Because I am certainly proud to call you a little sister.

Love,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...