Facebook

Monday, October 31, 2011

30 Days Of Thanks

For November, I decided to give my thanks. I have hand-written 30 letters to thirty different people while enclosing the following printed note:


If you haven’t checked it out, on my blog, AdamJWilliams.blogspot.com, I do a wide variety of things, trying to get the most out of life. What I plan to do for November is to have a month of thanks. What I am doing is writing thirty different people that have been important or influential to me in my life. What is enclosed is a hand-written letter of thanks. While I am embracing the internet with the blog, I felt that people don’t write a personal letter anymore. They have been replaced by e-mails and texts. What I will be doing is posting a letter a day to the blog in November. If you wish to respond to the letter, having that posted as well, you can e-mail me at ARMAGGADAM@gmail.com.
            There should be no pressure on your part to respond, as to the fact that the whole purpose of writing these letters is for giving thanks. For some of you, it will be the first time that I have contacted you in years. But that doesn’t diminish the fact that you were an important part of my life. In case I didn’t say it enough in the letter, thank you.
Now, you may ask how I came up with this list. First I started to write a list of the most important people in my life. Then I decided to write to people that I hadn't talked to in years or even decades. These were people that I, at one time, considered them the most important person, such as best friends. I will be posting a letter a day during November, in no particular order, minus the first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...