Facebook

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30 Days Of Thanks: Leigha (Wife)

Dear Leigha,

            For the blog, I’ve decided to hand-write a letter to thirty people that have been important and influential in my life. So I’m starting at the top. There are two things that people can’t hear enough. “Thank you” and “I love you”. When we first started dating, you worried that I was telling you that I loved you too much as if it was diminished each time that I said it. I think that you’ve lost that fear and know that I mean it each and every time that I tell you that I love you.
     
          Sometimes I wonder where I would be right now if we had never met, and it is never good. I imagine myself unkempt, unshaven and watching three movies a day. I imagine myself renting an apartment with another person that isn’t driven and going to school part time for fun.
            You stand by my choices regardless of if you agree, understand or just think that it is weird. Thank you for not only including me in your plans but letting me add a few things along the way. You have been the best wife that a guy can ask for. I think that it is great that you put me in my place when I need it, although I never actually appreciate it at the time.
            I know that we have both changed since we got married. I am really proud of you learning to not only like beer, but to finish the world beer tour is something that any guy would be proud of. I love it every time that you want to share food or give me the look when somebody says “good” when they mean “well”.
            Thank you for asking me out in the first place (albeit you were drunk at the time and waiting so long to tell me that you not only found your engagement ring before I asked you to marry me, but that you would come home on your lunch breaks and wear it. You have given me two beautiful children and you are the best thing to ever happen to me. Thank you and I love you.
Adam

1 comment:

  1. I for one was also very glad you found her, or she found you. Knowing that you have someone so strong and smart to walk beside you makes me happy. And the two special grandkids are an added blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...