Facebook

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

10 Internet Questions with A Facebook Fanatic


Adam: What is your name and what do you do (Professionally)?
 Cindy Clark Hudson. I am a secretary at an insurance company.  I've worked there for almost 15 years, so I am pretty effecient at the work tasks.  Also, stuck at the desk all day, with internet :)

Adam: How many hours a day are you online?
Cashier to calculate how many hours I am not.  I have an android, so I am connected almost always.  I do sleep though, and haven't figured out how to plug in while unconscious.  Although, I do keep my laptop open by my bed, so I've been known to check in the middle of the night.
Adam: How do you use the internet differently between work and personal?
while at work, I am online, and can browse/facebook during downtime.   At home, I will primarily use facebook, but also do some online gaming. 

Adam: Does your online life ever disrupt your real life?
 I don't know, at times.  I do find that I can be TOO connected.  So I am working on that.  I need to find a way to concentrate on real world and not constantly be checking other things.  :) 

Adam: Are there things that are off limit and you won’t share online?
 Its always good to have a few secrets.  But I don't have too many limits.  I think people like my honesty and oversharing.  Or not.  Really not sure.  I know some people are worried about the whole "check in" and safety, but I just don't.  People know where I am, where I've been, and can find that out by old fashioned stalking too.

Adam: When did you start using Facebook as more than a social forum? (Advice column, promotion of area events, etc)
 About a year ago, maybe less, I started the ADVICE/DISCUSS thing.  I've shared events, and things like that longer.  I think, before the discussions started, people seemed to enjoy my frankness and humor, which led to more and more people telling their friends about me.  I had 5000 friends months before I started engaging the friends in all the ADVICE/DISCUSS stuff.

Adam: Why Facebook? Have you ever considered starting your own website or blog?
Facebook works really well with my personality.  Twitter isn't interactive enough (and too restrictive on posting limits).  Google plus, well, no one is there.  I am working on a website, sort of.  Trying to find a place I can keep everything in one place, that will be easy to keep track of the radio clips, web mentions, etc.  Still a work in progress, as I really don't have a feel for that sort of thing yet.  I'd like to have website that brought MORE people into the discussion, ultimately.

Adam: You have thousands of Facebook friends; do you even try to read everything that shows up on your news feed?
I do try.  But I make good use of the lists.  I have a list called "A-list", and I'll just filter to that when I fall behind.  Its filled with the people I interact with the most, or that I've found interesting.  Nearly impossible to read everything, all the time, so I try not to feel guilty about not being able to.  I do think that part of my appeal is that I really do value the back and forth interaction that FB allows.

Adam: What is the weirdest/worst thing that you that has happened to you because of your internet use?
I can't think of any bad things.  All good to great.  I've gotten some great exposure because of my facebook "thing", and met some really fantastic people and made some great friends.  The fact that I am a regular visitor to a morning radio program is pretty awesome/weird.  I've been able to connect and reconnect with friends from all over.  My life has been forever changed because of my facebook world, and that is a good thing.  In many ways.

Adam: What is the best thing that you’ve ever gotten from your internet use?
I can't pinpoint just one thing.  I know facebook, specficially, has really been a catalyst for lots of changes for me.  It has been a way for me to reconnect to old friends, find new friends, and find a voice for myself.  :)  I will be cheesey and say, that because of facebook I found my current boyfriend, and several dear friends, and had endless opportunities.  And for that I am forever greatful.  I also really love the fact that I seem to have had a real impact on many individuals.  Some people probably don't get what I am doing, but to have just one person tell me that the fact they had a way to get something off their chest helped them, I love that. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm liking this departure from the focus on you. Interesting questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting interview. I looked at Google+ recently, seriously who is on it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...